SkinMedica Vitalize Peel Salinas and Monterey, CA
- Helps provide vibrant, radiant looking skin with minimal downtime. Consult with your physician.
- Appropriate for mild skin imperfections as determined by your physician.
- Peel must be administered by a licensed medical professional (a physician, aesthetician or a nurse under a physician’s supervision).
Key Benefits of Vitalize Peel®
- Smooth the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and roughness.
- Noticeable results after just one peel, compelling results after three to six peels.
What’s Inside (Key Ingredients)
- Isopropyl Alcohol, Water/Aqua/Eau, Acetone
- Denatured alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Resorcinol, Lactic Acid, Panthenol, Isoceteth-20
- Denatured alcohol, Retinol
Results (Courtesy of SkinMedica Website)
Baseline vs. 2 Peels, Female, Age 43
Baseline vs. 5 Peels, Female, Age 56
Unretouched photographs of subject at baseline and after two Vitalize Peel® procedures in conjunction with basic post-peel skin care regimen (Facial Cleanser, Ultra Sheer Moisturizer, and Daily Physical Defense® Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30+).
Individual results may vary. Data on file at SkinMedica®.
Unretouched photographs of subjects, with Fitzpatrick Skin Type III, at baseline and after SkinMedica® Peels.
How do chemical peels improve the skin?
- Chemical peeling is a procedure that aims to accelerate skin exfoliation by the use of chemical substances resulting in renewed, healthier looking skin and more uniform complexion.
Who can benefit from SkinMedica® Peels?
- SkinMedica® Peels address the visible skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure, such as fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture. Peels also address skin tone unevenness that can be caused by acne scarring or pigmentary changes. SkinMedica® offers a range of different strength chemical peels that licensed medical professionals can select to provide the optimum treatment for their patients.
How do I decide which particular peel is most beneficial for me?
- During the initial consultation, your skin care professional will evaluate your skin condition and recommend the appropriate peel regimen based on your needs.
Who is the ideal candidate for a Vitalize Peel®?
- Vitalize Peel® is appropriate for patients with mild-to-moderate skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure, such as fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture. Vitalize Peel® treatments also address skin unevenness that can be caused by acne scarring or other pigmentary changes.
Can Vitalize Peel® be performed on patients with dark skin?
- Vitalize Peel® is appropriate for all skin types.
How do I prepare for this peel?
- Any procedures and products that may increase skin sensitivity should be avoided before your Vitalize Peel® treatment. Ask your physician or skin care specialist for details.
What should I expect during the Vitalize Peel® procedure?
- The complete treatment is expected to take 45 minutes, which includes ample time to address any questions you may have, and a discussion on your post peel care. The actual application procedure is approximately 20 minutes. Tolerance to the procedure varies from patient to patient. Tingling or burning sensations are normal and expected reactions. A handheld fan can be used during the procedure to minimize discomfort, which usually subsides in a few minutes.
How will my skin look right after the Vitalize Peel®?
- Vitalize Peel® can leave a yellowish tinge on the skin which is expected to last no longer than 2-3 hours. Mild to moderate redness is expected after any type of chemical peel procedure. The extent of redness varies from patient to patient. The face may appear redder than usual for some time after the treatment and completely resolves after the peeling is complete.
Will I peel after receiving a Vitalize Peel® treatment?
- Your skin care professional will provide you with in depth post-procedure instructions. Your post-peel regimen will include SkinMedica® Sensitive Skin Cleanser or Facial Cleanser, moisturizer appropriate for your skin type, and Essential Defense sunscreens (tinted or untinted).
How can I protect my skin post peel?
- Since the new skin is more susceptible to sunburn, extra precautions should be taken to limit sun exposure for at least one week after the peel. It is imperative to use a broad spectrum sunscreen product with an SPF of 30 or higher.
After the Vitalize Peel® treatment, when can I resume my regular skin care regimen?
- You can resume the use of your regular treatment products after you have completely finished peeling.
What results can I expect after the Vitalize Peel®?
- After the Vitalize Peel®, patients will notice an improvement in the appearance of overall skin condition, diminishment in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, smoothness of skin texture, more even skin color, and improved skin clarity.
How often can I have the Vitalize Peel® treatments?
- Vitalize Peel® treatments can be repeated every 3-4 weeks.
How many treatments are required?
- Multiple treatments may be required to achieve desired results. The number of treatments is based on initial level of skin damage, and can vary from 3 to 6. The effect of the peel is cumulative and results are favorable when the peels are used in conjunction with SkinMedica® daily product regimen.
How do I maintain optimal results following Vitalize Peel®?
- Vitalize Peel® is part of a skin management program that includes SkinMedica® home-use products. To maintain optimal results achieved with the Vitalize Peel® treatments, patients should use a daily skin care regimen recommended by a physician or skin care specialist.
Can pregnant or lactating women receive a Vitalize Peel®?
- SkinMedica® peels should not be administered to pregnant or lactating women.
(Content courtesy of SkinMedica Website)