SkinMedica Rejuvenize Peel Salinas and Monterey, CA
- Smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. See noticeable improvement after just one peel and compelling results after three to six peels.
- Appropriate for moderate to severe skin imperfections as determined by your physician.
- Peel must be administered by a licensed medical professional (a physician, aesthetician or a nurse under a physician’s supervision).
Baseline vs. Series of 3 Peels (applied 5 weeks apart), Female, Age 25, Fitzpatrick Skin Type III
Baseline vs. Series of 5 Peels (applied 4 weeks apart),Female, Age 25, Fitzpatrick Skin Type IV
Unretourched photographs taken with standard lighting at baseline and after Rejuvenize Peel™ procedures in conjunction with basic post-peel skin care regimen (Facial Cleanser, TNS Ceramide Treatment Cream™, Ultra Sheer Moisturizer, and Daily Physical Defense™ Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30+). Individual results may vary. Data on file at SkinMedica®.
Key Benefits of Rejuvenize Peel™
- Smooth the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and roughness
- Noticeable results after just one peel, compelling results after three to six peels
What’s Inside (Key Ingredients)
- Prepping Solution: Isopropyl Alcohol, Water/Aqua/Eau, Acetone
- Peeling Solution: Denatured alcohol, Water /Aqua/Eau, Salicylic Acid, Mandelic Acid, Resorcinol, Malic Acid, Phytic Acid, Panthenol, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract
- Retinol Solution: Denatured Alcohol, Retinol
How do chemical peels improve the skin?
- Chemical peeling is a procedure that aims to accelerate skin exfoliation by the use of chemical substances resulting in renewed, healthier looking skin and more uniform complexion.
Who can benefit from SkinMedica® Peels?
- SkinMedica® Peels address the visible skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure, such as fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture. Peels also address skin tone unevenness that can be caused by acne scarring or pigmentary changes. SkinMedica® offers a range of different strength chemical peels that licensed medical professionals can select to provide the optimum treatment for their patients.
How do I decide which particular peel is most beneficial for me?
- During the initial consultation, your skin care professional will evaluate your skin condition and recommend the appropriate peel regimen based on your needs.
Who is the ideal candidate for an Rejuvenize Peel™?
- Rejuvenize Peel™ is appropriate for patients with moderate to severe skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure, such as fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture. Rejuvenize Peel™ also address skin unevenness that can be caused by acne scarring or pigmentary changes.
Can Rejuvenize Peel® be performed on patients with dark skin?
- Rejuvenize Peel™ can be performed on patients with dark skin. However, patients with deeply pigmented skin color should receive Vitalize Peel® first, and after they establish tolerability to Vitalize Peel®, they can receive Rejuvenize Peel™. Ask your physician or skin care specialist if Rejuvenize Peel™ is right for you.
How do I prepare for this peel?
- Any procedures or products that may increase skin sensitivity should be avoided before your Rejuvenize Peel™ treatment. Ask your physician or skin care specialist for additional details if you are interested in this procedure.
What should I expect during the Rejuvenize Peel™ procedure?
- The complete treatment is expected to take 45 minutes, which includes ample time to address any questions you may have, and a discussion on your post peel care. The actual application procedure is approximately 20 minutes. Tolerance to the procedure varies from patient to patient. Tingling or burning sensations are normal and expected reactions. A handheld fan can be used during the procedure to minimize discomfort, which usually subsides in a few minutes.
How will my skin look right after the Rejuvenize Peel™?
- Rejuvenize Peel™ can leave a yellowish tinge on the skin, which lasts no longer than 2-3 hours. Mild redness is expected after any type of chemical peel procedure. The extent of redness varies from patient to patient. The face may appear redder than usual for some time after the treatment and completely resolves after the peeling is complete.
Will I peel after receiving a Rejuvenize Peel™ treatment?
- The degree of peeling may vary depending on the individual’s skin condition and degree of the damage. Peeling can range from mild flaking to peeling in sheets. Regardless of the amount of peeling, the skin is still sloughing off at an accelerated rate, which will result in the following benefits: improvement in the appearance of skin tone and texture, smoothness of fine lines and wrinkles.
How should I take care of my skin during the peeling?
- Your skin care professional will provide you with in depth post-procedure instructions. Your post-peel regimen will include SkinMedica® Sensitive Skin Cleanser or Facial Cleanser, moisturizer appropriate for your skin type, and Daily Physical Defense® Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30+.
How should I protect my skin post peel?
- Since the new skin is more susceptible to sunburn, extra precautions should be taken to limit sun exposure for at least one week after the peel. It is imperative to use a broad spectrum sunscreen product with an SPF of 30 or higher.
After the Rejuvenize Peel™ treatment, when can I resume my regular skin care regimen?
- You can resume the use of your regular treatment products after you have completely finished peeling.
What results can I expect after having a Rejuvenize Peel™ treatment?
- After a Rejuvenize Peel™, treatment patients will notice an improvement of overall skin condition, diminishment in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, smoothness of skin texture and more even skin color and improved skin clarity.
How often can Rejuvenize Peel™ be repeated?
- Rejuvenize Peel™ can be repeated every 4-6 weeks.
How many treatments are required?
- Multiple treatments may be required to achieve desired results. The number of treatments is based on initial level of skin damage, and can vary from 3 to 6. The effect of the peels is cumulative and results are more favorable when the peels are used in conjunction with a SkinMedica® daily product regimen.
How do I maintain optimal results following Rejuvenize Peel™
- Rejuvenize Peel™ is part of a skin management program that includes SkinMedica® home-use products. To maintain optimal results achieved with Rejuvenize Peel™ treatments, patients should use a daily skin care regimen recommended by a physician or skin care specialist.
Can pregnant or lactating women receive a Rejuvenize Peel™?
- SkinMedica® peels should not be administered on pregnant or lactating women.
(Content courtesy of SkinMedica Website)