Vellus Treatment Salinas and Monterey, CA
Vellus Hair Removal is designed to exfoliate the skin of the face. A scalpel is used to gently scrape of the top layer of the skin cells. This layer of skin is the buildup of the normal dead skin cells that make up the outer layer of skin (stratum corneum). A thin layer of these cells is necessary as a normal barrier to the skin surface, but buildup of too many of these cells can lead to a dull dry look. Removing this layer is can freshen the look of the skin, giving a brighter and smoother complexion.
Should you do this or Diamond Glow? The answer is that you could benefit from both. The suction from the Diamond Glow will exfoliate and remove the dead cells, and Diamond Glow can also clean out clogged pores. But Diamond Glow will not remove the fine hair growth. Only the Vellus Hair Removal can do that.
- It painlessly exfoliates the stratum corneum to stimulate cellular turnover with little to no downtime.
- It is a great option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are looking for a deep exfoliation.
- It can be performed prior to treatments like facials, laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for better product penetration.
- It can be performed frequently.
- It helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly.
- It can help significantly lighten postinflammatory scars from past acne.
- It does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker.
- It is typically more expensive than some other hair-removal treatments.
- The results might not be as long-lasting as other hair-removal methods, such as waxing, as the hair is not removed from the root.
- Results will differ depending on a client’s individual hair-growth cycle.
- Not everyone is a candidate. Clients with active and cystic acne should avoid this type of hair removal, as it can cause further irritation. Also, it is contraindicated for clients with hirsutism, a condition of excessive male-pattern hair growth in women.
Still on the fence about deciding to do Vellus Hair Removal? Here is an article from Cosmopolitan Magazine October 2017 by Brooke Shunatona that summarizes nicely what you can expect from Vellus Hair Removal.