SkinMedica Illuminize Peel Salinas
- Helps provide vibrant, radiant looking skin with minimal downtime. Not for sale online. Consult with your physician.
- Appropriate for mild skin imperfections as determined by your physician.
- Peel must be administered by a licensed medical professional (a physician, aesthetician or a nurse under a physician’s supervision).
Key Benefits of Illuminize Peel
- Brighten the overall appearance of skin
- Radiant looking skin after one peel
- More uniform complexion
What’s Inside (Key Ingredients)
- Prepping Solution: Isopropyl Alcohol, Water/Aqua/Eau, and Acetone.
- Peeling Solution: Denatured Alcohol, Water /Aqua/Eau, Salicylic Acid, Mandelic Acid, Resorcinol, Malic Acid, Phytic Acid, Panthenol, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract
How do chemical peels improve the skin?
- Chemical peeling is a procedure that aims to accelerate skin exfoliation by the use of chemical substances resulting in renewed, healthier looking skin and more uniform complexion.
Who can benefit from SkinMedica® Peels?
- SkinMedica® Peels address the visible skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure, such as fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture. Peels also address skin tone unevenness that can be caused by acne scarring or pigmentary changes. SkinMedica® offers a range of different strength chemical peels that licensed medical professionals can select to provide the optimum treatment for their patients.
How do I decide which particular peel is most beneficial for me?
- During the initial consultation, your skin care professional will evaluate your skin condition and recommend the appropriate peel regimen based on your needs.
Who is the ideal candidate for an Illuminize Peel®?
- Illuminize Peel®, the gentlest SkinMedica® Peel is appropriate for first-time, chemical-peel patients, patients with mild skin imperfections or patients that are looking for brighter, more radiant skin with no downtime.
Can Illuminize Peel® be performed on patients with dark skin?
- Illuminize Peel® is appropriate for all skin types.
How do I prepare for this peel?
- Any procedures and products that may increase skin sensitivity should be avoided before your Illuminize Peel® treatment. Ask your physician or skin care specialist for details.
Will I peel after receiving an Illuminize Peel®?
- With Illuminize Peel® patients should not expect to see visible peeling due to the superficial nature of this peel. There is no expected downtime with Illuminize Peel®.
What can I expect immediately after having an Illuminize Peel®?
- Most patients leave the office looking healthy and fresh. Mild redness or discoloration may occur and can be covered with makeup. Ask your physician or skin care specialist for details.
How can I protect my skin post peel?
- Since new skin is more susceptible to sunburn, extra precautions should be taken to limit sun exposure for at least one week after the peel. Using a broad spectrum sunscreen product with an SPF 30 or higher is recommended.
How long should I wait between Illuminize Peel® treatments?
- For maximum results, the Illuminize Peel® can be received every two weeks until desired results are achieved. Results are cumulative and optimal benefits are seen with a series of three or more peels.
Are there recommended products for use with an Illuminize Peel®?
- Your post-peel care should include SkinMedica® Sensitive Skin Cleanser or Facial Cleanser, moisturizer appropriate for your skin type, and Essential Defense Mineral Shield sunscreens (tinted or untinted). Four to five days after the Illuminize Peel® you can resume the use of your regular treatment products. Ask your physician or skin care specialist for additional details.
Can pregnant or lactating women receive an Illuminize Peel®?
- SkinMedica® peels should not be administered to pregnant or lactating women.
(Content provided by SkinMedica Website)